Everybody reaches this period in their lives, It’s usually a year, or maybe two where everybody you know decided to get married, and of course hopes you will be there to celebrate with them. The past few years have passed quite quietly with only one or two a ‘season’ – however this year is the year and I have a total of 5.
5! and out of those 2 are close family, 2 are close friends so are all pretty full on. Don’t even get me started on the hen do’s, the baby showers and mile stone birthdays also littering my year 😉
With one wedding down, I decided to start planning what to wear to the other 4 to see if I needed to buy anything. Luckily I realised I actually have a few items already in my wardrobe that aren’t given enough love on a day to day basis.
One of my tips in this post about thrift shopping (click here) is to keep a list, not even just for thrifting but shopping ethically I find takes a lot longer. Longer to discover and find brands you love and items you want. So to plan ahead I laid out all my outfits to find the missing gaps.
- Vivienne Westwood Anglomania dress
- Vivienne Westwood X Melissa Lady Dragon (Similar here)
- Vintage Earrings (Post on them here)
- Beyond Retro Clutch bag (Post about it here)
- Whistles dress (found in a charity shop for £10 I think)
- & Other Stories shoes (purchased 3 years ago when my friends started to get married)
All I need for this outfit is an interesting necklace – something quite bold and chunky I think!
- Jigsaw dress (Impulse purchase on eBay, I had to take it in as it is a little on the large side)
- Urban Outfitters sandals
- Vintage chocker (post about that here)
And for this outfit I really want to get a nice belt, maybe something to match the shoes.
So how do you decide what to wear to a wedding? and do or did you have many to go to this year?