Happy Sunday! The sun is out and the birds are chirping and after this weeks snow storm it feel like a complete breath of fresh air.
I had a feeling this would happen, that despite all my good intentions to keep this blog updated along side my day job, it hasn’t of course happened.
But I won’t go on about that, or make more excuses, so I thought I would do a small catch up post with some things that have been happening, things i’ve been discovering and enjoying. Also I do try to post at least daily on Instagram so make sure to follow me there too!
First up let’s do a small confessional, find my last one here if you’re curious.
So, I’m an ethical and sustainable blogger but…
- I bought cheap socks from ASOS because I had a voucher instead of putting it towards something from a better brand or donating it to work (costume buyer)
- I bought vegetables wrapped in unnecessary plastic because I was feeling too lazy to go to a different shop (this one I’m actually pretty ashamed off as there was another option across the road)
- I bought coffee from a Starbucks instead of making my own at home (though I did manage to use my re-usable cup at least!)
I haven’t been to bad this month as I’ve been rather skint so have had to become more of a minimalist out of necessity rather than desire, It’s a good way to make new habits though, like making my own lunches, having coffee at work and not being tempted to buy anything unnecessary. Hopefully I can continue when my bank account is looking more flush!
- This article by The Lingerie Addict on why pricing is a feminist issue
- I’m always repairing my clothes but know it’s not something everyone knows how to do, so I loved this blog post by Elly on a technique you can learn.
- And of course this article was another good reminder to try even harder to just consume less single use plastic.
- And I am trying to up my book reading game this year, I’m doing pretty well, 9 so far. I have almost finished ‘The Penelopiad’ by Margaret Atwood and it is beautiful, a pretty quick read but would recommend!
- So you’ve been publicly shamed by John Ronson audio book – I know i’m a little late to this party but I really enjoyed the whole experience of it, plus the questions it raised in my own way of thinking and how I use and consume social media.
- Layers Podcast Stevie Mackenzie-Smith and Ana Kinsella – So lovely, I love to hear stories about why people choose to wear what they do and this is the perfect listening aid if you do too.
- Around all the charity shops in London for work, current faves and I have decided to start at map to document and share the best places I find. Map here!
- Finding style inspiration from other second hand loving Instagrammers and bloggers like; Jasmine at Style me thrift, Amy from ‘This old Thing’, Crimson and Wild, and Emma from Nothing New 2018
So that’s what has been keeping me occupied between work, let me know if you have any recommendations to share!